International thesis co-supervision
International thesis co-supervisions have a double objective: i) to enlarge the international scope and develop scientific cooperation between French and foreign research teams, and ii) to promote PhD students’ international mobility.
Within the framework of international thesis co-supervision,
- you are registered with two universities: UBFC and the partner university
- you are supervised by one thesis supervisor in each university
- you alternatively stay in the two countries to do research work in the two universities
- you defend your thesis only once
- you graduate in the two universities
The terms and conditions of a thesis in co-supervision are detailed in a co-supervision agreement written by your two thesis supervisors who discuss about it and then submit it. Once the agreement has been validated by your doctoral school, it is signed by yourself, your thesis supervisors, the directors of the doctoral schools in the two institutions, the president of the partner university, the president of UBFC (the institution that will issue your diploma in France), and the president of the institution where you will prepare your thesis in France (UFC, uB, UTBM, ENSMM, or AgroSup Dijon).
The co-supervision agreement must be signed during the first year of the thesis.