The full procedure is available here.
- The applicant requests for authorisation to enroll
The applicant sets up a file and hands it in at the doctoral school (DS). The request is examined by the president of UBFC, who makes a decision based on the opinions of the Academic Council HDR select committee and the DS director.
Please make good note that:
- The applicant must enquire about the Academic Council select committee schedule of meetings from the doctoral school to know the timescale within which he/she must hand in his/her file.
- Authorisation to enroll is granted for 4 years. Beyond that period, the applicant will have to apply again if he/she has not defended.
The “Request for authorisation to register” form can be downloaded here.
- Administrative registration
Once authorisation has been granted, the applicant will have to proceed to administrative registration. Authorisation to enroll is granted for 4 years, therefore registration and defence have to take place within that period. Otherwise the applicant will have to file in a new request for authorisation to enroll.
The administrative registration file can be downloaded here.
At least two months before the prospective defence date, the applicant must propose reporters’ names and a jury. The reporters will hand in their report within one month.
- there will be at least 3 of them, including 2 external to UBFC and the DS
- at least 2 of them will be HDR holders
- they will have no publication (whether published, in progress, or submitted) in common with the applicant
The jury members:
- there will be at least 5 of them (no maximum number)
- at least half of them will be external to UBFC and the DS
- at least half of them will be rank-A staff (professors, directors of research)
- at least one of them will be a professor or an HDR university lecturer-researcher
The “Jury and reporter proposal” form can be can be downloaded here.